A storyboard or other visual representation of your story is required. We are open to however you want to present your pitch as long as it's accompanied by visuals. Basically, we want to see your pitch and be able to say, “We love this. Let’s make it!” and then quickly start executing your vision.
Options include, but are not limited to:
Click NEXT to review our submission release form, and then you will be asked to fill out our submission form. Thanks!
The following shall constitute our agreement with you with respect to the Material:
1. In consideration of your agreement to the terms and conditions set out below, CC agrees that it may (but will not be obligated to) cause its appropriate employee(s) to review the Material. You agree that CC may share the Material and any other data you provide via the Submission Release Form within the Viacom Inc. group and with its appointed agents (e.g. freelance editorial staff) for the purposes of said review, including without limitation discussions as to any further use of the Material and further communications with you in connection therewith.
2. You acknowledge that there does not now exist, nor has there ever existed, nor will there exist, a fiduciary, employment or any other relationship between you and CC. For the avoidance of doubt You acknowledge that there does not now exist, nor has there ever existed, nor will there exist as a result of you submitting the Material, a contract of employment between you and CC. At no time will you hold yourself out as being an officer or employee or agent or representative of CC or any associated company. You requested this opportunity to submit the Material to CC and you make this submission voluntarily either on a solicited or unsolicited basis. You and CC have reached no agreement concerning the use of the Material and you realise that no obligation of any kind is assumed by, or may be implied against, CC unless and until a separate formal written contract has been entered into between you and CC, and then the obligation shall be only as is expressed in the formal written contract. You accept that you are not entitled to, nor are CC obliged to provide, any acknowledgement, response or feedback of any kind following submission of the Material.
3. You acknowledge that, commencing on the date of the submission of the Materials and continuing for six (6) months thereafter (the “Freeze Period”), all rights in and to the Materials (including but not limited to any concepts, characters, etc. contained therein) are frozen so that you may not use, exploit and/or dispose of the Materials in any manner. During the Freeze Period, CC may (but shall not be obliged to) get in touch to confirm if it likes the Material and/or to discuss terms upon which to develop the Material. Upon the earlier of (i) expiration of the Freeze Period and (ii) written confirmation from CC that it does not wish to proceed with your Material (which for the avoidance of doubt CC is under no obligation to provide at any time), You are free to use, divest and otherwise exploit the Material at your discretion. CC may at its election either destroy or retain the Material.
4. You declare that all of the important features of your Material, and the particular items being submitted by you (e.g., script, outline, drawings, photographs, taped materials, etc.) are summarised on the Submission Release Form on the following page of this Agreement, and you have disclosed no other features to CC.
5. You acknowledge that this Release covers and governs any and all of the Material, whether first submitted to CC contemporaneously with, or prior to, or following, the execution of this Release, and applies also to any submission of the Material to CC by another source, directly or indirectly, by or through you.
6. You warrant that –
(i) the Material is original to you, that you are the sole and exclusive creator, author and owner of the Material, and that no one else has any right to the Material;(ii) no rights in the Material have previously been granted to CC or any third party nor has the Material otherwise been exploited in any way;(iii) the Material does not contain anything which is an infringement of copyright or any other personal or proprietary right of any third party;(iv) the Material is neither defamatory nor liable to bring CC into disrepute; and(v) in relation to all material not fully owned by you (“Third Party Materials”) you warrant, represent and undertake to CC that you have obtained or shall obtain all necessary consents, licences, clearances and permissions to enable CC and its licensees to exploit such Third Party Materials as part of the Material worldwide in perpetuity in any and all media (whether now known or hereafter invented) without further payment or other obligation to any third party and that you will upon request by CC provide to CC written documentation evidencing such consents, licences, clearances and permissions.
(i) the Material is original to you, that you are the sole and exclusive creator, author and owner of the Material, and that no one else has any right to the Material;
(ii) no rights in the Material have previously been granted to CC or any third party nor has the Material otherwise been exploited in any way;
(iii) the Material does not contain anything which is an infringement of copyright or any other personal or proprietary right of any third party;
(iv) the Material is neither defamatory nor liable to bring CC into disrepute; and
(v) in relation to all material not fully owned by you (“Third Party Materials”) you warrant, represent and undertake to CC that you have obtained or shall obtain all necessary consents, licences, clearances and permissions to enable CC and its licensees to exploit such Third Party Materials as part of the Material worldwide in perpetuity in any and all media (whether now known or hereafter invented) without further payment or other obligation to any third party and that you will upon request by CC provide to CC written documentation evidencing such consents, licences, clearances and permissions.
7. However, you cannot and will not assume or infer from the fact that CC will accept your offer to submit your Material to CC, that CC regards your Material, or any part thereof, as novel, valuable or usable. You recognise that other persons including CC employees may have submitted to CC or to others or made public, or may hereafter originate and submit or make public, similar or identical material which CC shall have the right to use without entering into any agreement with you, and you understand that you (i) waive your right to bring any legal claim against CC, and (ii) will not be entitled to any compensation, because of CC's use of such other similar or identical material. Subject to the foregoing provisions, CC will not make any use of your Material or part thereof unless you and CC have an agreement in writing signed by both parties concerning your compensation for such use, which compensation shall in no event be greater than the compensation normally paid by CC for similar Material from comparable sources.
8. Any controversy arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including without limitation any claim that CC has used your Material or any part thereof in violation of the terms of this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for the resolution of such matters. In the event of such controversy you agree that you shall assert such claims not later than six (6) months after the date on which you first learned (or reasonably should have been aware) of CC's use or intended use of any portion of the Material. You further agree that your rights and remedies, if any, shall be limited to an action to recover money damages in an action at law, and without limitation of the foregoing, you expressly agree that you shall not seek to enjoin or restrain the production, exhibition, distribution, licensing, advertising, and/or promotion of any of CC's programming, promotional or marketing plans, and/or any of the subsidiary rights in connection therewith.
9. You have retained a copy of this Release and of your Material, and you release CC from liability for loss or damage to the Material. You also acknowledge and agree that CC is not obligated to return your Material to you and, accordingly, CC may destroy the Material after it is submitted to CC, and you release CC from liability for destruction of the Material. CC's review of your Material constitutes CC's acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth herein, and CC shall have relied upon your agreement herein in considering your Material for review.
10. This Release constitutes our entire understanding and agreement, and supersedes all prior understandings, whether written or oral. Any subsequent modification or waiver of this Release must be in writing, signed by both of us. The invalidity of any provision hereof is not to affect the remaining provisions.
11. You are executing this Release voluntarily, without coercion or undue influence from any source, and do so with complete understanding of all of its terms and effects, and every portion thereof.
12. As used in this Release, the terms "you" and "your" includes and binds the undersigned and any and all legal representatives of the undersigned. As used in this release, the terms "CC" and "we" includes and inures to the benefit of Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Limited, and its successors, assigns, employees, officers, directors, licensees, and associated companies and individuals.
Viacom International Media Networks U.K. Limited