Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about THE SWIM, the Viacom Supplier portal.
For indepth Help in navigating the site, including step by step instructions on how to perform many of the functions below, CLICK HERE.
Clique aqui para ler em Português.
Haga clic aquí para leer en español.
In Deutsch zu lesen, klicken Sie bitte hier.
Da leggere in italiano, clicca qui.
À lire en français, cliquez ici.
Olvasni magyarul, kattintson ide.
Te lezen in het Nederlands, klik hier.
Czytać po polsku, kliknij tutaj.
The SWIM (Supplier Workplace for Invoice Management) is the enhanced Supplier Portal for Viacom suppliers, business partners, and vendors. The SWIM allows users to view new and changed Purchase Orders, create invoices and credit memos, and update account administration details.
The SWIM is available to all registered suppliers.
PC Supported Browsers:
Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox 36, Google Chrome 11
Apple/Mac Supported Browsers:
Firefox 36, Safari 8
For additional information, see the document entitled “Minimum System Settings Required for the SWIM” in the HELP section.
The SWIM can be accessed at http://theswim.viacom.com.
Enter your Username
Enter your Password
Click "Log On"
If you require additional assistance accessing the SWIM, refer to the question “What are the requirements to access The SWIM”.
Click Here for detailed instructions on creating an invoice from a Purchase Order in the SWIM.
Please also view our Vendor SWIM Navigation video for detailed instructions on invoicing in the SWIM.
If invoicing an entity in Latin America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, or Australia, you must also attach a PDF copy of your invoice to your electronic SWIM invoice.
Note: PO invoices may also be mailed or emailed to the addresses referenced in “How do I submit an invoice, if I do not use SWIM”.
Please only reference your PO number and VAT, ABN, or GST number (where required).
Make sure your invoice contains the following information:
· Your supplier number (if known)
· Your Purchase Order (PO ) number on the face of the invoice.
Please submit your invoice by email (or mail) to one of the addresses below.
Please submit your invoice based on the location of the Viacom entity for which you are doing business.
a. For Viacom entities In North America (Canada and the United States):
a. You can email invoices to: email@example.com
b. You can send invoices by mail to:
PO Box 2232
Secaucus, NJ 07096-2232
b. For Viacom entities In Mexico:
a. You can email invoices to: AmericasSWIM@ipsservices.com
c. For Viacom entities In Colombia:
d. For Viacom entities In Brasil:
a. You can email invoices to: AmericasSWIM@ipsservices.com
e.For Viacom entities In Argentina:
f. For Viacom entities In Europe, Middle East and Africa :
a. You can email invoices to: EMEASWIM@ipsservices.com
g. For Viacom entities In Australia & New Zealand:
a. You can email invoices to: AUSinvoices@ipsservices.com
Viacom entities In Japan:
a. You can email invoices to: Japaninvoices@ipsservices.com
Viacom entities In SEA (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and
a. You can email invoices to: SEAinvoices@ipsservices.com
Viacom entities In China:
You can email invoices to: Chinapoint@viacom.com
A Non-PO invoice MUST include all of the following information on the front of the invoice:
a. VMN company code and name (i.e. 3390 MTV Networks Europe, 2356 Viacom Networks Brasil, 2359 MTV Networks Argentina)
b. The Viacom Identification Number (VIN) of the MTVN/Viacom employee ordering the goods and/or services
c. Your supplier number (if known)
d. Include currency
e. Please note: Company code and VIN are required to ensure the invoice is processed.
f. If you are in one of the following countries please also provide your VAT, ABN, or GST number:
· Czech Republic
· South Africa
· New Zealand
Please submit your invoice by email (or mail) to one of the addresses referenced in “How do I submit an invoice if I do not use SWIM?”
Please be aware of the following guidelines and helpful hints from IPS, our Imaging partner, when sending a Non-PO Invoice to the email address above:
• For faster processing, please attach documents to a blank email message, i.e. don’t include “signatures” or any logos, graphics or links in the message body. These are Ok, but will slow down processing a bit. PDF format is the most efficient for processing.• You are sending to a mailbox that is not monitored by a person, so emails are not read and “read receipt” and recall requests are not processed. Do not include any instructions in the email message body as by default, message body text is ignored.• The primary page(s) should be first in the document to be processed and any backup/supporting pages should follow, all within the same document, e.g. PDF. • There is a 10MB limit (per email message) for attachments, so if there are large attachments, they should be broken up and sent over multiple email messages. Do not split work items as they will not be combined back. • Filenames may not be longer than 100 characters. Files with longer names will not be processed. Do not use any symbol characters except space, dash/hyphen and underscore.• Sensitive/confidential documents (e.g. Social Security Numbers) should not be sent via email, as it is not a secure transport.
• Multiple documents may be attached to a single email message. For efficiency, each document should be a separate invoice or work item. However, we can accept a document that contains multiple invoices (work items.)• If you will be scanning your own documents, e.g. with a Multifunctional Device (MFD, MFP, etc.), scan at 200 or 300dpi resolution and save as a black & white PDF document.• Emails will be processed up to the “cut-off” time, which is usually 3PM Eastern Time (US). Emails received after that time will be processed with the next day’s work.
Invoice attachment is required for suppliers doing business with Viacom entities in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia.
Suppliers doing business with Viacom entities in Latin America are required to upload supporting documents as attachments during the creation of Invoices. Supporting documents that are expected to be attached in SWIM Invoice submission to Viacom are as follows:
· Scanned copy of supplier invoice
· Letter of Award
· Service Acceptance sheet
· Delivery Order document, etc
· Documents as per stipulated in Contract Terms & Conditions in the Attachments section
To view the status of invoices created in the SWIM and submitted through our imager, please use the Invoice Status Report. For detailed instructions, please view the “Invoice Payment Status” document listed on the Help page.
Note: This report can be exported to in an .xls file format to Excel.
To create an additional user account, go to Home > Administration> Create User
· Agree to Data Privacy Statement
· Fill in all fields under General User Information, Contact Information, and Settings
· Assign the appropriate role to the new user
To reset your SWIM password, please reach out to the GBS Business Services team for the Viacom entity that you are doing business with.
For suppliers doing business with Viacom entities in the US, Canada, Latin, America, Australia and Asia please reach out to VendorInquiry@viacomcbs.com.
For suppliers doing business with Viacom entities in the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, please reach out to GBSBudapest@vimn.com.
Please include your company name, supplier ID/vendor number (if known), and your username (if known).
To change your company’s general account administration information (including banking details), go to Home > Administration> Company Data
· Click CHANGE
· Edit in the field(s) you would like to change
· Click SAVE (located at top of the page)
Note: All changes are vetted by our Vendor Setup team and may take up to 48 hours to take effect. For additional information, please reach out to one of our Business Services teams. Please reference your supplier ID/vendor number (if known) in all requests.
To change the email address for which you receive general Viacom communications and payment and PO notifications, refer to the instructions in “How do I change my company’s information?”
Note: only one email address can be associated with notifications.
For suppliers doing business with entities in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia and Asia please reach out to the GBS Business Services team at VendorInquiry@viacomcbs.com or 1-212-846-5070.
· Support available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese
· Calling from Latin America, you may call:
· Mexico/ Colombia: Local number is (55) 5080-1792, calling from Colombia (+52-55) 5080-1792
· Brazil: Local number is (11) 3866-1822
· Argentina: Local number is (11) 5295-5242
· Calling from Australia (+61) 2 9921 0241
· Calling from China (+86) 10 5915 8975
· Calling from Japan (+81) 3 6870 7743
· Calling from Malaysia (+60) 3 7966 5011
· Calling from Singapore (+65) 6420 7118
· Available from 8am to 8pm Eastern Time
For suppliers doing business with entities in Europe, Middle East, and Africa please email GBSBudapest@viacom.com. For you convenience, local numbers are available depending upon your language preference:
· English : +44 203 5803540
· Hungarian: +36 1 877 9305
· Spanish: +34-91 502 9014
· Portuguese: +35-121 1206634
· French: +33 17094 9554
· Italian: +39 02 76211 7454
· German: +49 6969 712 5324
· Swedish: +46 85 067 8054
· Dutch: +31 20 493 7304
· Polish: +48 22 4772038
· Belgium: +32 34 003854
· South Africa: +27 11 4282965